A Beautiful Mask of Smile!
Who has not crossed the bridge of,
Pile of emotions keeps on flickering,
Day and night like the beautiful stars,
Twinkling in the sky, though not visible,
In the bright sunlight!
Like the Mask of beautiful smile,
Covering the painful face.
No one knows whats going inside one's mind.
Like a birdie trapped,
Inside a cage singing painful song.
Loud clapping heard outside for singing.
But inside the cage was a weeping bird.
No one listened her painful cries.
Like a joker in a circus, making the people laugh.
But inside his laughter lies the cries of pain.
As all his days were not pleasant ones.
He has to make people laugh
Whatever pain he carries with him.
A mask of beautiful smile hides all the pains behind.
Yes its the mask and only mask plays the beautiful roles.
Will I be ever able to unveil the mask?
Yes, a day will come
When I will unveil my mask.
And laugh out loudly
Cry out loudly
Shout out loudly
And live a day only and only for me.
No day is same.
Every day is a new day
As bright as sun!
Which is sure to come in! ! !
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Mask of Smile! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
- A Sunny Day, Deborah Eker
- A Rainy Day, Deborah Eker
- The Rabbit With The Habit, Deborah Eker
- The Cat Who Chases His Tail, Deborah Eker
- Mind Unfurling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)