A Beautiful Mask of Smile!
Who has not crossed the bridge of,
Pile of emotions keeps on flickering,
Day and night like the beautiful stars,
Twinkling in the sky, though not visible,
In the bright sunlight!
Like the Mask of beautiful smile,
Covering the painful face.
No one knows whats going inside one's mind.
Like a birdie trapped,
Inside a cage singing painful song.
Loud clapping heard outside for singing.
But inside the cage was a weeping bird.
No one listened her painful cries.
Like a joker in a circus, making the people laugh.
But inside his laughter lies the cries of pain.
As all his days were not pleasant ones.
He has to make people laugh
Whatever pain he carries with him.
A mask of beautiful smile hides all the pains behind.
Yes its the mask and only mask plays the beautiful roles.
Will I be ever able to unveil the mask?
Yes, a day will come
When I will unveil my mask.
And laugh out loudly
Cry out loudly
Shout out loudly
And live a day only and only for me.
No day is same.
Every day is a new day
As bright as sun!
Which is sure to come in! ! !
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Mask of Smile! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)