I am captivated inside a cage.
It's a cage of darkness.
It's like a black cloud covering all over me.
Its so dark, I cannot see myself.
I don't know where I am lost.
I was never like this before.
I couldn't realize,
Why this happened?
How this happened?
Its so gloomy inside.
There is no one who could see me.
Nor I can see anyone.
Who will free me from this cage?
I wondered did I captivate myself,
or anyone trapped me inside this cage?
If I remain on this cage for long,
No one will ask for me!
Even if I die on this cage also,
Beloved ones will offer condolences and
of course they will always remember me.
World will move on like before.
My presence or absence,
Doesn't make any difference.
Because its law of nature.
Even they have to survive
So they cannot just sit aside.
Life keeps on offering challenges.
Which will never allow us to sit in one place even for few seconds.
It will make us run without a break.
Our Beloved ones have died but we are also moving with the world!
This is the fact of life, which no one can change.
Life is only one!
We have to accept everything as it is!
We cannot swim against tides, but can go on with the flow!
This is the Teachings of life!
Is it......Our Life or our Thoughts inside a Cage?
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cage! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Give me A Chance Ft Chidera Nwokeji, izuchukwu lucius
- Male, kassem oude
- M.Lermontov, Stances - 4 - translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- Never compare, gajanan mishra
- The Lamentation Of David Over Saul And J.., George Wither
- Thine am I, my faithful Fair, Robert Burns
- The Gowden Locks of Anna, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- Crazy Cotton Limerick, Philo Yan
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns