I am captivated inside a cage.
It's a cage of darkness.
It's like a black cloud covering all over me.
Its so dark, I cannot see myself.
I don't know where I am lost.
I was never like this before.
I couldn't realize,
Why this happened?
How this happened?
Its so gloomy inside.
There is no one who could see me.
Nor I can see anyone.
Who will free me from this cage?
I wondered did I captivate myself,
or anyone trapped me inside this cage?
If I remain on this cage for long,
No one will ask for me!
Even if I die on this cage also,
Beloved ones will offer condolences and
of course they will always remember me.
World will move on like before.
My presence or absence,
Doesn't make any difference.
Because its law of nature.
Even they have to survive
So they cannot just sit aside.
Life keeps on offering challenges.
Which will never allow us to sit in one place even for few seconds.
It will make us run without a break.
Our Beloved ones have died but we are also moving with the world!
This is the fact of life, which no one can change.
Life is only one!
We have to accept everything as it is!
We cannot swim against tides, but can go on with the flow!
This is the Teachings of life!
Is it......Our Life or our Thoughts inside a Cage?
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cage! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)