RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Blessing From God
Quietly whispering tunes in imagination,
letting them flow outward into snow-filled memories,
sliding across on a sled big enough to hold all six
of us sisters.
A blessing from God, we were always able to be
together and play.
A close-knit family, kept together by a Mom who loved
us beyond compare.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Yes, I have six sisters and one brother. One sister, died though.
Comments about this poem (A Blessing From God by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)