Gleb Zavlanov Poems
- The Great Depression It walked like shadow in the ...
- Song Of The Nightingale Singly sweetly in its tree Caressing...
- When Clouds Upon The Summer Br...
- Sonnet Ii Sweet love, if death’s black net my mind shall ...
- Sonnet I Down through the Alps, immortal, standing ...
- Hypnos Oh Hypnos lord of all the lands of dream, Whose ...
- Julius Caesar Oh, Caesar, though our touch is lost in time: ...
Just a teen trying to express his thoughts, feelings and ideas through poetry. Hope you enjoy. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Great Depression
It walked like shadow in the night
Without a word, a sound
And when it struck, a vicious bite
It split the sky and ground
Never there was such great despair
Left all men by its feet
And anywhere and everywhere
They had none to live or eat
They tried to hide but found were they
And anyplace they left
Was teemed with gloom, sad and most grey
Cheerless, lonely, bereft
They bit the dust and gulped defeat
Twas nothing left at all
And shattered was each heart, in need
Each broken and dimmed soul
The market fell, each core was ...