RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Spring is here, yet winter has not left us.
It's a time for blossoms to come forth - but they are freezing
from the cold.
Look out a window and see the bright sun shining everywhere,
see the warmth hanging in the air?
Outside the door, I take a step, my breath I can see blowing
in the wind.
It's cold against my skin and quickly I step back in.
Contented now to watch the warm looking sunshine from a window
within my heated room.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Winter Cold by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(18 November 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)