- I Am Mad With Love I am mad with love And no one ...
- I Have Found My Guru I have found a guru in Raidas, he has ...
- Do Not Leave Me Do not leave me alone, a helpless woman. My...
- Listen Listen, my friend, this road is the heart opening, ...
- A Cowherding Girl The plums tasted sweet to the unlettered ...
- Keep Up Your Promise Take my arm and keep up your promise! ...
- I Will Sing The Praises Of Har... We do not get a human life ...
Meerabai or Mirabai (alternate orthographies: Meera, Mira, Meera Bai) (Hindi:मीराबाई Bengali: মীরাবাঈ;) was an aristocratic Hindu mystical singer and devotee of Lord Krishna from Rajasthan and one of the most significant figures of the Sant tradition of the Vaishnava bhakti movement. Some 1,200–1,300 prayerful songs or bhajans attributed to her are popular throughout India and have been published in several translations worldwide. In the bhakti tradition, they are in passionate praise of Lord Krishna.
Details of her life, which has been the subject of several films, are pieced together from her poetry and stories recounted by her community and are of debatable historical ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Am Mad With Love
I am mad with love
And no one understands my plight.
Only the wounded
Understand the agonies of the wounded,
When the fire rages in the heart.
Only the jeweller knows the value of the jewel,
Not the one who lets it go.
In pain I wander from door to door,
But could not find a doctor.
Says Mira: Harken, my Master,
Mira's pain will subside
When Shyam comes as the doctor.