Mirabai (1498 - 1546 / Kudki / India)
I Send Letters
I send letters to my Beloved,
The dear Krishna.
But He sends no message of reply,
Purposely preserving silence.
I sweep his path in readiness
And gaze and gaze
Till my eyes turn blood-shot.
I have no peace by night or day,
My heart is fit to break.
O my Master, You were my companion
In former births.
When will you come?
Poet Other Poems
- A Cowherding girl
- A great Yogi
- A Limb just moved
- All I Was Doing Was Breathing
- Come To My Pavilion
- Dark Friend, what can I say?
- Do Not Leave Me
- Drink the Nectar
- Friend, without that Dark raptor
- Go To That Impenetrable Realm
- I am mad with Love
- I am pale with longing for my beloved;
- I Danced Before My Giridhara
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.