Mirabai (1498 - 1546 / Kudki / India)
Drink the Nectar
Drink the nectar of the Divine Name, O human! Drink the nectar of the Divine Name!
Leave the bad company, always sit among righteous company. Hearken to the mention of God (for your own sake).
Concupiscence, anger, pride, greed, attachment: wash these out of your consciousness.
Mira's Lord is the Mountain-Holder, the suave lover. Soak yourself in the dye of His colour.
Poet Other Poems
- A Cowherding girl
- A great Yogi
- A Limb just moved
- All I Was Doing Was Breathing
- Come To My Pavilion
- Dark Friend, what can I say?
- Do Not Leave Me
- Drink the Nectar
- Friend, without that Dark raptor
- Go To That Impenetrable Realm
- I am mad with Love
- I am pale with longing for my beloved;
- I Danced Before My Giridhara
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.