Yours is a mind hampered by query
And an outlook anxious and dire
Foreseen through aching eyes so weary.
You have conjured many a theory:
I have heard them all at some stage prior.
Yours is a conscience struggling to cope
And a heart that is suffering thus.
Once vivacious, boasting boundless hope;
Now plummeting down a foreign slope
Though you opt to paint it and not discuss.
Yours is a spirit devoid of charm
Yet you hide behind feeble defence.
Reciting one meek biblical psalm
Will not rid you of a single qualm,
And your hollow words are impotent hence.
Yours is a case which one can suppress
Though it is a weak man who ignores
That there are problems he must address.
So rescind your false act and confess,
Then conquer these meddlesome woes of yours.
Jack Growden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Yours by Jack Growden )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty