Yours is a mind hampered by query
And an outlook anxious and dire
Foreseen through aching eyes so weary.
You have conjured many a theory:
I have heard them all at some stage prior.
Yours is a conscience struggling to cope
And a heart that is suffering thus.
Once vivacious, boasting boundless hope;
Now plummeting down a foreign slope
Though you opt to paint it and not discuss.
Yours is a spirit devoid of charm
Yet you hide behind feeble defence.
Reciting one meek biblical psalm
Will not rid you of a single qualm,
And your hollow words are impotent hence.
Yours is a case which one can suppress
Though it is a weak man who ignores
That there are problems he must address.
So rescind your false act and confess,
Then conquer these meddlesome woes of yours.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Yours by Jack Growden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali