You Never Knew A Friend This True
Spliffing in the car...
Just staring at the night sky pictures
In the stars...
Glaring with a bright shine!
I'm back home I was at the store
In the trunk trying to stash a batch of bags and more
About ten minutes later...
They are at your door
You don't even know yet because you hadn't asked me for it
About the time you'd realize...
I was long gone
Knocked once and then left and I was gone on
This is really nothing new
It's an old song...
If my people needed me at two I'm on the road holmes
Just know I'm always down for my people
I ain't even trying to hear nobody doubting them either
'Cause I know if it was me they'd be...
Rounding the heaters
I'm the only one who really could rechannel the evil
Now I could talk and talk but they
I don't have to say I'm loyal cause they already know
I am just as far away as a call on a phone
And it's impossible for me to say it all in a poem
But I will say this...
Because you stayed true and you never betrayed me
I will honor you through whatever I make
See the bottom to the top...
Every step that I take
I'll forever mention ya'll names whenever I pray
So my partners are my family
A limited few I promise you...
That you never knew a friend this true
A poem decicated to those who never criticized me in any way but believed in and supported me when nobody else did... thank you
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Never Knew A Friend This True by Dexsta Ray )
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)