With scents of sandalwood
The shadows shape upon the fields
agrestic pictures within glance
assuage the darkness and advance
annealed the sky that shines and shields.
Two bellwether outshining stars
bedaub the darkness that derides
the grooms of brines and Siren brides,
- deep rooted are soul's iron bars.
The Autumn rain arrived today
amidst bedizened gowns and deems
blithe - random forms on clouds regimes
that gallivant the dawn's delay.
Unmoved the stars - surreal hood
(beholden night, the smiles evades)
the solitude and dreams she raids
with resin scents of sandalwood.
The woods (like stars) and souls are still
billet the travelers and wraiths
vibrato of the man who breathes
her olive eyes that deep instill.
The sandalwood and olive eyes
transform the night to sovereign frame
that streams the songs above to claim
the sky's two stars' eternal prize.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (With scents of sandalwood by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey