Giorgio A. V.
With scents of sandalwood
The shadows shape upon the fields
agrestic pictures within glance
assuage the darkness and advance
annealed the sky that shines and shields.
Two bellwether outshining stars
bedaub the darkness that derides
the grooms of brines and Siren brides,
- deep rooted are soul's iron bars.
The Autumn rain arrived today
amidst bedizened gowns and deems
blithe - random forms on clouds regimes
that gallivant the dawn's delay.
Unmoved the stars - surreal hood
(beholden night, the smiles evades)
the solitude and dreams she raids
with resin scents of sandalwood.
The woods (like stars) and souls are still
billet the travelers and wraiths
vibrato of the man who breathes
her olive eyes that deep instill.
The sandalwood and olive eyes
transform the night to sovereign frame
that streams the songs above to claim
the sky's two stars' eternal prize.
Giorgio A. V.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (With scents of sandalwood by Giorgio A. V. )
- Invention of The Store, douglas scotney
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)