Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
Welcome To The Mad House
Being mad, it's fun.
I'm mad, you better run.
Being mad, it's wonderful.
I'm mad, you will too fall.
Being mad, what a joy!
I sit here, alone, in the dark.
And here's me thinking, 'Boy, what a lark! '
This is nothing compared to what's inside my head.
Why don't you lay me to rest, or to bed?
Being mad, it's simple.
I'm mad, and you have dimples.
Being mad, it's scary.
I'm mad, you better be wary.
Being mad, it's terrible!
My straight jacket drawn in tight.
I don't know why, I always get out at night.
My eyes burn at the door.
What is the true sense of law?
Being mad, it's boring.
I'm mad, but I am alluring.
Being mad, it's depressing.
I'm mad, I'm not oppressing.
You look at me like something, I can't tell what.
Is it a good thing? Or are all your eyes set to robot?
Or is it that you're amazed that I got this far?
Well I haven't, not without someone else's help so far.
Being mad, I wonder if half of the things I see exist.
I'm mad, I sit here, writing things like this.
Being mad, or am I the only normal one?
I'm mad, loving this strange bond.
You want to talk to someone that's not mad do you? Well, sorry dear, but… Everybody's mad here :)
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome To The Mad House by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak