Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
Welcome To The Mad House
Being mad, it's fun.
I'm mad, you better run.
Being mad, it's wonderful.
I'm mad, you will too fall.
Being mad, what a joy!
I sit here, alone, in the dark.
And here's me thinking, 'Boy, what a lark! '
This is nothing compared to what's inside my head.
Why don't you lay me to rest, or to bed?
Being mad, it's simple.
I'm mad, and you have dimples.
Being mad, it's scary.
I'm mad, you better be wary.
Being mad, it's terrible!
My straight jacket drawn in tight.
I don't know why, I always get out at night.
My eyes burn at the door.
What is the true sense of law?
Being mad, it's boring.
I'm mad, but I am alluring.
Being mad, it's depressing.
I'm mad, I'm not oppressing.
You look at me like something, I can't tell what.
Is it a good thing? Or are all your eyes set to robot?
Or is it that you're amazed that I got this far?
Well I haven't, not without someone else's help so far.
Being mad, I wonder if half of the things I see exist.
I'm mad, I sit here, writing things like this.
Being mad, or am I the only normal one?
I'm mad, loving this strange bond.
You want to talk to someone that's not mad do you? Well, sorry dear, but… Everybody's mad here :)
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome To The Mad House by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)