Today... 'All in All'
My Lord, My God, You are my All in All
You are so lovely and so wonderful
and prostrate at Your feet all men shall fall
proclaiming You as King and Lord of All.
Jesus, the Altogether Lovely One
is Gods' One and Only Beloved Son.
The Lord whom both heaven and earth adore
is reigning in heaven for evermore.
Angels surrounding Your heavenly throne
proclaiming that You are worthy alone.
Multitudes of redeemed their praises sing
and to the All in All their worship bring.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he 'has put everything under his feet.' Now when it says that 'everything' has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all in all.©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'My All in All'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'All in All' by Roy Allen )
- Beauty Never Lasts, Bareerah Bilal
- The Trail of the Snail, Frank Weedings
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
- Phenomenal Woman या 'सम्पूर्ण स्त्री' (H.., Rajnish Manga
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)