Tiny Butterfly, Where Did You Go?
A tiny butterfly, safe in my hand
No other place for her to land
So delicate are her soft blue wings
Echoed in the song she sings
Will you stay with me for awhile?
Will you stay around for a smile?
You bring me joy while life falls short
Like an angel in the Master’s court
I’d hold you near when life goes bad
But that would only make you sad
Free to fly so you may live
Freedom from my hand I give
Tiny butterfly, where did you go?
To far away places I’ll never know?
Will I ever see you again?
Soaring high above the rain
Psaltydog's Thoughts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tiny Butterfly, Where Did You Go? by Psaltydog's Thoughts )
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
- Your Dreams In Your Life, Elizabeth Garcia
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Night Inside, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)