Tiny Butterfly, Where Did You Go?
A tiny butterfly, safe in my hand
No other place for her to land
So delicate are her soft blue wings
Echoed in the song she sings
Will you stay with me for awhile?
Will you stay around for a smile?
You bring me joy while life falls short
Like an angel in the Master’s court
I’d hold you near when life goes bad
But that would only make you sad
Free to fly so you may live
Freedom from my hand I give
Tiny butterfly, where did you go?
To far away places I’ll never know?
Will I ever see you again?
Soaring high above the rain
Psaltydog's Thoughts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tiny Butterfly, Where Did You Go? by Psaltydog's Thoughts )
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)