Tiny Butterfly, Where Did You Go?
A tiny butterfly, safe in my hand
No other place for her to land
So delicate are her soft blue wings
Echoed in the song she sings
Will you stay with me for awhile?
Will you stay around for a smile?
You bring me joy while life falls short
Like an angel in the Master’s court
I’d hold you near when life goes bad
But that would only make you sad
Free to fly so you may live
Freedom from my hand I give
Tiny butterfly, where did you go?
To far away places I’ll never know?
Will I ever see you again?
Soaring high above the rain
Psaltydog's Thoughts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tiny Butterfly, Where Did You Go? by Psaltydog's Thoughts )
- Mystic Journey, Elizabeth Melillo
- Court of Life, Kolade Seun
- Entropic Being., John Lee Williams
- What The Tortoise Said, Tony Adah
- Forgiveness, Tiger Lily
- Stature, Nassy Fesharaki
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)