This Worthless Beast
This worthless beast still has a beating heart.
Though ebbing ever slower broken torn bleeding wide open.
I cover myself in physical scars that match the pain I feel inside.
If I hurt myself then it makes sense,
even though to all of you this worthless beast will be blatantly erroneous.
This worthless beast is deep inside truly hurting and quite meek.
I hurt though and have no clear mind.
I must cut myself to feel the rush of sweet painful release,
that only one such as myself can understand in fullness grief.
This worthless best still has a beating heart.
It's a wounded heart surrounded by many locked box.
It still feels love you cannot know.
It bleeds inside and to bursting with grief and self hatred now a wretched hell.
This worthless beast is no good.
So what though as usual he only screwed the pooch and failed.
So this worthless beast must fall upon his dying sword.
Cleanse the world of a blackened hole.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Worthless Beast by Michael McParland )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)