This Worthless Beast
This worthless beast still has a beating heart.
Though ebbing ever slower broken torn bleeding wide open.
I cover myself in physical scars that match the pain I feel inside.
If I hurt myself then it makes sense,
even though to all of you this worthless beast will be blatantly erroneous.
This worthless beast is deep inside truly hurting and quite meek.
I hurt though and have no clear mind.
I must cut myself to feel the rush of sweet painful release,
that only one such as myself can understand in fullness grief.
This worthless best still has a beating heart.
It's a wounded heart surrounded by many locked box.
It still feels love you cannot know.
It bleeds inside and to bursting with grief and self hatred now a wretched hell.
This worthless beast is no good.
So what though as usual he only screwed the pooch and failed.
So this worthless beast must fall upon his dying sword.
Cleanse the world of a blackened hole.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Worthless Beast by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam