This Worthless Beast
This worthless beast still has a beating heart.
Though ebbing ever slower broken torn bleeding wide open.
I cover myself in physical scars that match the pain I feel inside.
If I hurt myself then it makes sense,
even though to all of you this worthless beast will be blatantly erroneous.
This worthless beast is deep inside truly hurting and quite meek.
I hurt though and have no clear mind.
I must cut myself to feel the rush of sweet painful release,
that only one such as myself can understand in fullness grief.
This worthless best still has a beating heart.
It's a wounded heart surrounded by many locked box.
It still feels love you cannot know.
It bleeds inside and to bursting with grief and self hatred now a wretched hell.
This worthless beast is no good.
So what though as usual he only screwed the pooch and failed.
So this worthless beast must fall upon his dying sword.
Cleanse the world of a blackened hole.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Worthless Beast by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Forced To Live Within Their Means, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- That Bold Hold, V P Mahur
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur
- Nuclear Love, Monk E. Biz