Things I Tried To Say...
When I am at my worst, and
I know, I can be unbearable,
it is because sometimes I am driven
when I feel my empty hand, and
you're never there to pick up the
p i e c e s
please try and understand. My pieces
are being picked up
by someone else
the jigsaw of my sanity is put
it is held by confusion.
I know that when you are here,
I melt with your kisses, but
every part of me misses you for
many days in a month. But, I rejoice
when you are here. And I live in our moments.
For now, I live in photographs
and my brain feels like tangles of
phone cables or head phones, or the
knotted wires of computers that
hold our relationship together.
So please excuse me when,
I fall and crumble.
It's just I'd rather miss you
than not have you at all.
But why cannot I hold on?
Marie Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things I Tried To Say... by Marie Daniels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- One Law To Rule Them All?, Terence G. Craddock
- A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions, Terence G. Craddock
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick