Things I Tried To Say...
When I am at my worst, and
I know, I can be unbearable,
it is because sometimes I am driven
when I feel my empty hand, and
you're never there to pick up the
p i e c e s
please try and understand. My pieces
are being picked up
by someone else
the jigsaw of my sanity is put
it is held by confusion.
I know that when you are here,
I melt with your kisses, but
every part of me misses you for
many days in a month. But, I rejoice
when you are here. And I live in our moments.
For now, I live in photographs
and my brain feels like tangles of
phone cables or head phones, or the
knotted wires of computers that
hold our relationship together.
So please excuse me when,
I fall and crumble.
It's just I'd rather miss you
than not have you at all.
But why cannot I hold on?
Marie Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things I Tried To Say... by Marie Daniels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires