Things I Tried To Say...
When I am at my worst, and
I know, I can be unbearable,
it is because sometimes I am driven
when I feel my empty hand, and
you're never there to pick up the
p i e c e s
please try and understand. My pieces
are being picked up
by someone else
the jigsaw of my sanity is put
it is held by confusion.
I know that when you are here,
I melt with your kisses, but
every part of me misses you for
many days in a month. But, I rejoice
when you are here. And I live in our moments.
For now, I live in photographs
and my brain feels like tangles of
phone cables or head phones, or the
knotted wires of computers that
hold our relationship together.
So please excuse me when,
I fall and crumble.
It's just I'd rather miss you
than not have you at all.
But why cannot I hold on?
Marie Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things I Tried To Say... by Marie Daniels )
- Our First Date, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Terrorist Behind Every Bush, Talile Ali
- I Love You 2, Michael McParland
- Trust None, Even Me, Sir Toby Moses
- Lema, Nassy Fesharaki
- Decaying Within, Angelica Stevenz
- WALAA, Wala' Qamhieh
- A Hardworking Wind, Terry Dawson
- have been posess, ademola oluwabusayo
- Be patient, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)