Things I Tried To Say...
When I am at my worst, and
I know, I can be unbearable,
it is because sometimes I am driven
when I feel my empty hand, and
you're never there to pick up the
p i e c e s
please try and understand. My pieces
are being picked up
by someone else
the jigsaw of my sanity is put
it is held by confusion.
I know that when you are here,
I melt with your kisses, but
every part of me misses you for
many days in a month. But, I rejoice
when you are here. And I live in our moments.
For now, I live in photographs
and my brain feels like tangles of
phone cables or head phones, or the
knotted wires of computers that
hold our relationship together.
So please excuse me when,
I fall and crumble.
It's just I'd rather miss you
than not have you at all.
But why cannot I hold on?
Marie Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things I Tried To Say... by Marie Daniels )
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak
- तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय, Aftab Alam
- मैं क्या सोंचता हूँ, Aftab Alam
- NOT FAR OFF: A NEW BEGINNING, M.J Donnchadh
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold