Colin Ian Jeffery
THEY WHO SANG THE SONG
They who sang the song loved the singer
Not his song, telling the story of eternity
Making fathers proud, mothers weep
As the music played on whispered by the wind
Endless with lilting serenade and pace
Joyous in depth of scale and gentle beat
Making trees bend and sway before the melody
Seas to churn, wave tossed giving homage
Nature knowing the sweetness of the singing
With Sun, Moon, and stars in chorus
Singing tribute to God's creation
And the sacrifice of his Son made for us
Who taught of truth and understanding
Preaching of a Universe of love supreme.
Colin Ian Jeffery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THEY WHO SANG THE SONG by Colin Ian Jeffery )
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah