Kayode Benjamin Benorosco
*They Sang* (happy birthday)
This songs yet unsung
This song my heart sings as my mind plays the drum
The apex of sounds
Do reh mi.....as the song may sound.
Tra la la....the songs of patriots
Who died by guns and others crushed by chariots
Mathyrs of faith, who for us swept the way
A horse ride on time, riden down to this age.
Those men who died are now but sage's
they made sons and notured maidens
They grew and died, while others stole into this age
They told the tales from the initio to today,
As they ended it with a song.
''happy birthday....happy birthday...happy birthday''
Were their beautous songs.
Happy birthday MOSUNMOLA.
Kayode Benjamin Benorosco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*They Sang* (happy birthday) by Kayode Benjamin Benorosco )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Narcotic 1/26, Kewayne Wadley
- Dark And Deep, Is It Poetry
- A Friend Once Met...., Abekah Emmanuel
- I Hold To Hope, Michael P. McParland
- If only I could touch the hem of His gar.., Royston Allen
- World Cup, Donal Mahoney
- On Letters and Words, Vincent Barrowcliffe
- Irreverently Relevant, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Donation of Blood, Kumarmani Mahakul
- WHERE AND WHEN?, Terry Collett