The World Of Poetry
Oh! Ancient of days, Oh! ! ! World of poetry,
'I don't intensely behold the present, but
I behold the future in the present'.
My thoughts are the gems of the flowers
and the fruits of the latest time.
An aroma of the world of poetry is in pervasive intrigue.
The poetry that catches our ears is stark, energetic,
self- conscious, and not too intelligible.
Imagination is reason enough in a most exalted mood.
Poetry is the breathe and finer spirit of all knowledge
Of the highest order of poetic writings,
It's the Omnipotents freewill of the artist mind,
Our curbed and slackening world may seem to have seen the last;
But is the first to have apprehend, the supreme intelligence
and the absolute truth.
Poets are naturally born different from other men,
All poets have got the eyes of God living in them.
The poet struggles for the seed of creation,
As the prophet is afflicted for the seal of perfection.
Regardless all his predicaments, the poet possesses
the power of the knowledge sent from Above.
The pursuit of knowledge is not like the pursuit of Poetry.
It's a weapon that strife in war and a warmth of truth to the soul.
Poet is the name and poetry is the world he lives in.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World Of Poetry by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)