The World Of Poetry
Oh! Ancient of days, Oh! ! ! World of poetry,
'I don't intensely behold the present, but
I behold the future in the present'.
My thoughts are the gems of the flowers
and the fruits of the latest time.
An aroma of the world of poetry is in pervasive intrigue.
The poetry that catches our ears is stark, energetic,
self- conscious, and not too intelligible.
Imagination is reason enough in a most exalted mood.
Poetry is the breathe and finer spirit of all knowledge
Of the highest order of poetic writings,
It's the Omnipotents freewill of the artist mind,
Our curbed and slackening world may seem to have seen the last;
But is the first to have apprehend, the supreme intelligence
and the absolute truth.
Poets are naturally born different from other men,
All poets have got the eyes of God living in them.
The poet struggles for the seed of creation,
As the prophet is afflicted for the seal of perfection.
Regardless all his predicaments, the poet possesses
the power of the knowledge sent from Above.
The pursuit of knowledge is not like the pursuit of Poetry.
It's a weapon that strife in war and a warmth of truth to the soul.
Poet is the name and poetry is the world he lives in.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World Of Poetry by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- Word Fright, michael walkerjohn
- Another Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Bullying, Holly Moon
- Luck's Drawl, michael walkerjohn
- No bounds, hasmukh amathalal
- Childhood Anger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Red and White, michael walkerjohn
- Just Rats, John Shea
- Entrails, michael walkerjohn
- Bad luck and story, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns