The World Of Poetry
Oh! Ancient of days, Oh! ! ! World of poetry,
'I don't intensely behold the present, but
I behold the future in the present'.
My thoughts are the gems of the flowers
and the fruits of the latest time.
An aroma of the world of poetry is in pervasive intrigue.
The poetry that catches our ears is stark, energetic,
self- conscious, and not too intelligible.
Imagination is reason enough in a most exalted mood.
Poetry is the breathe and finer spirit of all knowledge
Of the highest order of poetic writings,
It's the Omnipotents freewill of the artist mind,
Our curbed and slackening world may seem to have seen the last;
But is the first to have apprehend, the supreme intelligence
and the absolute truth.
Poets are naturally born different from other men,
All poets have got the eyes of God living in them.
The poet struggles for the seed of creation,
As the prophet is afflicted for the seal of perfection.
Regardless all his predicaments, the poet possesses
the power of the knowledge sent from Above.
The pursuit of knowledge is not like the pursuit of Poetry.
It's a weapon that strife in war and a warmth of truth to the soul.
Poet is the name and poetry is the world he lives in.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World Of Poetry by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- Sensible Solution, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A TEASPOON SMILE, ANKIT DEDHA
- Learning Human Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Felicia Dorothea Hemans
(25 September 1793 – 16 May 1835)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)