The World Of Poetry
Oh! Ancient of days, Oh! ! ! World of poetry,
'I don't intensely behold the present, but
I behold the future in the present'.
My thoughts are the gems of the flowers
and the fruits of the latest time.
An aroma of the world of poetry is in pervasive intrigue.
The poetry that catches our ears is stark, energetic,
self- conscious, and not too intelligible.
Imagination is reason enough in a most exalted mood.
Poetry is the breathe and finer spirit of all knowledge
Of the highest order of poetic writings,
It's the Omnipotents freewill of the artist mind,
Our curbed and slackening world may seem to have seen the last;
But is the first to have apprehend, the supreme intelligence
and the absolute truth.
Poets are naturally born different from other men,
All poets have got the eyes of God living in them.
The poet struggles for the seed of creation,
As the prophet is afflicted for the seal of perfection.
Regardless all his predicaments, the poet possesses
the power of the knowledge sent from Above.
The pursuit of knowledge is not like the pursuit of Poetry.
It's a weapon that strife in war and a warmth of truth to the soul.
Poet is the name and poetry is the world he lives in.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World Of Poetry by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- A happy farmer family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)