The World Of Poetry
Oh! Ancient of days, Oh! ! ! World of poetry,
'I don't intensely behold the present, but
I behold the future in the present'.
My thoughts are the gems of the flowers
and the fruits of the latest time.
An aroma of the world of poetry is in pervasive intrigue.
The poetry that catches our ears is stark, energetic,
self- conscious, and not too intelligible.
Imagination is reason enough in a most exalted mood.
Poetry is the breathe and finer spirit of all knowledge
Of the highest order of poetic writings,
It's the Omnipotents freewill of the artist mind,
Our curbed and slackening world may seem to have seen the last;
But is the first to have apprehend, the supreme intelligence
and the absolute truth.
Poets are naturally born different from other men,
All poets have got the eyes of God living in them.
The poet struggles for the seed of creation,
As the prophet is afflicted for the seal of perfection.
Regardless all his predicaments, the poet possesses
the power of the knowledge sent from Above.
The pursuit of knowledge is not like the pursuit of Poetry.
It's a weapon that strife in war and a warmth of truth to the soul.
Poet is the name and poetry is the world he lives in.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World Of Poetry by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- The stars, her eyes and Love, Ayotunde Bolaji
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
- Gift., RAJ VIKRAM
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)