A Step In Time
A step in time; the promises of life's eternal joy,
A breathe that catches the mild breezes of the wind.
Plantations that grows up in the savanna zones,
Dreams detained in the shadows of one's misery.
The cry of my voices was heard by all the nations.
Time spins into the visions of the future,
And saw my dreams gather like the river enter the sea.
Later to see my missions scatter like rocks run on mountains.
Beneath the mountains lived my missions,
And upon the mountains lived my visions.
A reflection of the past brings me sorrow,
A glimpse into the future brings me happiness.
I took a step ahead of time; I made a jest within my pain.
Now I feel the joy that overflows within my heart,
And I see the dreams come into reality.
Put away the fears and dry your tears.
Die out the pain and bring forth gain.
A step in time was the secret to my living,
A step in time was the dreams to my clouded visions.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Step In Time by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)