A Prayer For Help
My Lord God if it’s by your will and grace,
Please take away this bowl of pain out of my head.
Make the world within me kindle among all the nations.
Make these words of mine reach to the four corners of the universe.
And if you can provide an aptitude of a great faith within me,
Then I would reach out to the length of my means and sing a song of melody.
All I ever pray for is peace for my soul and the soundness in my body.
All I ever dream of is for your prophecies upon my life come into reality.
If the sun should never shine and the moon to never glow,
Then darkness would be the road I take.
But not forgetting the sun that has to shine lives within me,
And the moon that have to glow sits within the comfort of my heart.
I pledge to the God of my Salvation; to the God of all nations,
Make every path of mine be shined by your light.
And every step of mine, taken into your Holy places.
I vow to show my sincere and absolute gratitude to the Most High God,
By singing and pronouncing to all nations the greatness of the Lord upon my Life.
Oh! Lord let not my leg be shaken and let not my path be narrow,
This and many more I have called for, come to my aid this very minute
And your name may be glorified in all the nations of the universe.
He who knoweth all things and sees every where in the world, unto you I pray.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer For Help by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- An Agreement To End Stupidity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- On the other side of known reality, Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)