A Prayer For Help
My Lord God if it’s by your will and grace,
Please take away this bowl of pain out of my head.
Make the world within me kindle among all the nations.
Make these words of mine reach to the four corners of the universe.
And if you can provide an aptitude of a great faith within me,
Then I would reach out to the length of my means and sing a song of melody.
All I ever pray for is peace for my soul and the soundness in my body.
All I ever dream of is for your prophecies upon my life come into reality.
If the sun should never shine and the moon to never glow,
Then darkness would be the road I take.
But not forgetting the sun that has to shine lives within me,
And the moon that have to glow sits within the comfort of my heart.
I pledge to the God of my Salvation; to the God of all nations,
Make every path of mine be shined by your light.
And every step of mine, taken into your Holy places.
I vow to show my sincere and absolute gratitude to the Most High God,
By singing and pronouncing to all nations the greatness of the Lord upon my Life.
Oh! Lord let not my leg be shaken and let not my path be narrow,
This and many more I have called for, come to my aid this very minute
And your name may be glorified in all the nations of the universe.
He who knoweth all things and sees every where in the world, unto you I pray.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer For Help by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- When Clouds Thunder, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Beauty Supply, Lee Ann Brown
- Suffering the Unattainable, David Dodd Lee
- Nature and Its Simple ways, Rohit Sapra
- Snowy Owl Goddess, Diane Wakoski
- Much Tattooed Sailor Aboard USS New Jersey, Jehanne Dubrow
- The Ruined Church, David Lewis Paget
- Farewell, Damir Lemaic
- Lovely test, hasmukh amathalal
- The Black 'n White Of It..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Balade of Complaint, Geoffrey Chaucer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)