Above All Creations
I will be the path to me fellow human,
I will make them know the plan of God for man.
Through me they will know the nature of life,
And the destruction of the devil with a knife.
Forever will live in the hearts of men,
The light of day from the devil's prey.
I stand in their sight as a god,
But the Omnipotent dwell in their heart as the God.
They will see through me a light,
As they walk in the night.
I sometimes hold it half a sin,
Putting in words the grief I feel as a fine.
For weeds like nature,
As babies nurture.
Half revealed in the soil,
And half concealed in the soul.
In words like weeds I'll wrap myself over,
Like blanket over my body I'll never shiver.
By the serene measure of my grief,
I'll enfold myself with great relief.
With praises and fulfillment in my heart,
like an old man resting in his hut.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Above All Creations by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)