MY JOY IS IN YOU
May be all that I see in this life is a mere story,
What if I decided to famish it with a great worry?
Even to this, only my joy in you could bring the glory.
Standing at the gates of the unknown ready to be laid,
Nothing passed by me without any wages paid.
And all that could be written of me was already said.
Though I saw in my minds eye a shining light,
Yet still could not see through the passing night.
If only my joy will be seen then it will be to a glorious sight.
Where I failed to acknowledge your presence,
My world was devastation to the essence.
Just to find joy in you, I had to purge my conscience.
Though a light shined within through the word,
Still tried to be accepted by men into their world.
To an endless joy in you, my life had to be sold.
With a life so divine as the Most High,
Men tried to possess what was unseen with a sigh.
To have a perfect joy in you, my soul had to thigh.
To the end of days my love for you had no boundary.
Just moments of the time left was in sundry.
But in all, my joy was complete when I found your jury.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY JOY IS IN YOU by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)