MY JOY IS IN YOU
May be all that I see in this life is a mere story,
What if I decided to famish it with a great worry?
Even to this, only my joy in you could bring the glory.
Standing at the gates of the unknown ready to be laid,
Nothing passed by me without any wages paid.
And all that could be written of me was already said.
Though I saw in my minds eye a shining light,
Yet still could not see through the passing night.
If only my joy will be seen then it will be to a glorious sight.
Where I failed to acknowledge your presence,
My world was devastation to the essence.
Just to find joy in you, I had to purge my conscience.
Though a light shined within through the word,
Still tried to be accepted by men into their world.
To an endless joy in you, my life had to be sold.
With a life so divine as the Most High,
Men tried to possess what was unseen with a sigh.
To have a perfect joy in you, my soul had to thigh.
To the end of days my love for you had no boundary.
Just moments of the time left was in sundry.
But in all, my joy was complete when I found your jury.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY JOY IS IN YOU by Siegfried OheneSidza )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave