A pain in his joy,
A wisp of hope rose in his heart
And the thoughts of a loved one
Disappears like smoke in the thick clouds.
Rains hung in the air as the waves were overcast.
Pain run through the doors of his heart as it tried
To find shelter from the rains falling outside
Hardly seem to care but the rhythms and beat of the song
Playing lifted his soul up in the flames.
Joy came by and chased pain out of his heart.
Once, I will not say “Upon a time”, for there was no time then,
Only eternity and the gifts of healing.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absconding Pain by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan