A pain in his joy,
A wisp of hope rose in his heart
And the thoughts of a loved one
Disappears like smoke in the thick clouds.
Rains hung in the air as the waves were overcast.
Pain run through the doors of his heart as it tried
To find shelter from the rains falling outside
Hardly seem to care but the rhythms and beat of the song
Playing lifted his soul up in the flames.
Joy came by and chased pain out of his heart.
Once, I will not say “Upon a time”, for there was no time then,
Only eternity and the gifts of healing.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absconding Pain by Siegfried OheneSidza )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)