A pain in his joy,
A wisp of hope rose in his heart
And the thoughts of a loved one
Disappears like smoke in the thick clouds.
Rains hung in the air as the waves were overcast.
Pain run through the doors of his heart as it tried
To find shelter from the rains falling outside
Hardly seem to care but the rhythms and beat of the song
Playing lifted his soul up in the flames.
Joy came by and chased pain out of his heart.
Once, I will not say “Upon a time”, for there was no time then,
Only eternity and the gifts of healing.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absconding Pain by Siegfried OheneSidza )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- First Experience Living in the Literary .., Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- My Night and Morning Crap, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Remember Me, Sammi Jorgensen
- A Mother and Her Teen.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- MY LIFE, Sammi Jorgensen
- When I Was Depressed, Hailey Stump
- Change, Sammi Jorgensen
- Stand up to them, Nicola Kelly
- Growing old sucks, Nicola Kelly