A pain in his joy,
A wisp of hope rose in his heart
And the thoughts of a loved one
Disappears like smoke in the thick clouds.
Rains hung in the air as the waves were overcast.
Pain run through the doors of his heart as it tried
To find shelter from the rains falling outside
Hardly seem to care but the rhythms and beat of the song
Playing lifted his soul up in the flames.
Joy came by and chased pain out of his heart.
Once, I will not say “Upon a time”, for there was no time then,
Only eternity and the gifts of healing.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absconding Pain by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- Things that change, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Lottery, Steve Kittell
- What's not there, Anjali Lal Gupta
- On Tippy Toes, Donal Mahoney
- आबौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)