A pain in his joy,
A wisp of hope rose in his heart
And the thoughts of a loved one
Disappears like smoke in the thick clouds.
Rains hung in the air as the waves were overcast.
Pain run through the doors of his heart as it tried
To find shelter from the rains falling outside
Hardly seem to care but the rhythms and beat of the song
Playing lifted his soul up in the flames.
Joy came by and chased pain out of his heart.
Once, I will not say “Upon a time”, for there was no time then,
Only eternity and the gifts of healing.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absconding Pain by Siegfried OheneSidza )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones