The Wilting of Conversation
I wish I had excuses,
White petals decay from stranger’s eyes.
As I assume to water blossoms
With spit speech.
I do rehearse conversation
With the dirt.
By the time it understands
I am knee deep in mud.
It’s enough practice
To keep my vowels growing.
While I wake up each morning,
Look out my window
And recreate conversation
For footsteps in the snow.
That nauseating feeling
When I realize
I am narrating my own footsteps.
I know where they’ve been.
The truth is boring.
I practice in the mirror.
Decorate my reflection
With a bit of
Choice, spit, and relevance.
Flutter my eyelids
Till a lash breaks off.
Floats gently into my open palm.
I am shaking too much
To keep it in balance.
The wish falls with my spit.
I keep it there
And wait for mold to grow.
Everyone needs a best friend
That they can converse with.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wilting of Conversation by A.j. Binash )
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)