The Wilting of Conversation
I wish I had excuses,
White petals decay from stranger’s eyes.
As I assume to water blossoms
With spit speech.
I do rehearse conversation
With the dirt.
By the time it understands
I am knee deep in mud.
It’s enough practice
To keep my vowels growing.
While I wake up each morning,
Look out my window
And recreate conversation
For footsteps in the snow.
That nauseating feeling
When I realize
I am narrating my own footsteps.
I know where they’ve been.
The truth is boring.
I practice in the mirror.
Decorate my reflection
With a bit of
Choice, spit, and relevance.
Flutter my eyelids
Till a lash breaks off.
Floats gently into my open palm.
I am shaking too much
To keep it in balance.
The wish falls with my spit.
I keep it there
And wait for mold to grow.
Everyone needs a best friend
That they can converse with.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wilting of Conversation by A.j. Binash )
- Senryu Our Lives, Heather Burns
- Water, Water, Harley White
- Heart's Remembrance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- buckle up, bartender, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)