'The Color of Red'
Drifting effortlessly, I hum… smiling as I look around the room....
I see everything so acutely, aware of my out of body experience,
I hear your breathing, I feel your blood pulsating through your veins.
I smell your fragrance mixed with some floral bouquet,
And my senses speak to me in words from an ancient, foreign land-
Then I see Red.
Amazed, I touch the thick, dark liquid that flows from my body,
And it pools like Mercury.
Fascinated; yet confused, my movements are languid,
And I don’t even care… I welcome it, actually.
I wonder what you’re feeling?
Watching you scurry about the room, doing chores? Cleaning?
You have an intent purpose about you,
Words muttered, but not understood,
And as you leave the room, leave me dying on the cold tile floor-
My last thought…the look, as our eyes meet for the last time,
You thought you’d got it all…
And my eyes lose focus, then back again,
Untouched, returning the gleam in my eye…
I notice the bullet casing atop the drying pool of blood.
And I smile. “Gotcha! ”
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
- Travis Alexander was Brutally Murdered! He Is The Victim!
Since Travis Alexander cannot defend himself, I wrote a little something with his possible perspective in mind... It's called:
'The Color of Red'
Comments about this poem ('The Color of Red' by Kelly Seale )
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)