'The Color of Red'
Drifting effortlessly, I hum… smiling as I look around the room....
I see everything so acutely, aware of my out of body experience,
I hear your breathing, I feel your blood pulsating through your veins.
I smell your fragrance mixed with some floral bouquet,
And my senses speak to me in words from an ancient, foreign land-
Then I see Red.
Amazed, I touch the thick, dark liquid that flows from my body,
And it pools like Mercury.
Fascinated; yet confused, my movements are languid,
And I don’t even care… I welcome it, actually.
I wonder what you’re feeling?
Watching you scurry about the room, doing chores? Cleaning?
You have an intent purpose about you,
Words muttered, but not understood,
And as you leave the room, leave me dying on the cold tile floor-
My last thought…the look, as our eyes meet for the last time,
You thought you’d got it all…
And my eyes lose focus, then back again,
Untouched, returning the gleam in my eye…
I notice the bullet casing atop the drying pool of blood.
And I smile. “Gotcha! ”
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
- Travis Alexander was Brutally Murdered! He Is The Victim!
Since Travis Alexander cannot defend himself, I wrote a little something with his possible perspective in mind... It's called:
'The Color of Red'
Comments about this poem ('The Color of Red' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan