Poem about dark. You can read the best dark poems. Browse through all dark poems.
1.In A Dark Time
In a dark time, the eye begins to see,
I meet my shadow in the deepening shade;
I hear my echo in the echoing wood--
A lord of nature weeping to a tree.
I live between the heron and the wren,
Beasts of the hill and serpents of the den.
What's madness but nobility of soul
At odds with circumstance? The day's on fire!
I know the purity of pure despair,
My shadow pinned against a sweating wall.
That place among the rocks--is it a cave,
Or a winding path? The edge is what I have.
A steady storm of correspondences!
A night flowing with birds, a ragged moon,
And in broad day the midnight come again!
A man goes far to find out what he is--
Death of the self in a long, tearless night,
All natural shapes blazing unnatural light.
Dark, dark my light, and darker my desire.
My soul, like some heat-maddened summer fly,
Keeps buzzing at the sill. Which I is I?
A fallen man, I climb out of my fear.
The mind enters itself, and God the mind,
And one is One, free in the tearing wind. read more »
Utter low wails
Till on my soul read more »
3.I Wake And Feel The Fell Of Dark
I wake and feel the fell of dark, not day,
What hours, O what black hours we have spent
This night! what sights you, heart, saw; ways you went!
And more must, in yet longer light's delay. read more »
I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space,
Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth read more »
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. read more »
6.The Old Familiar Faces
I HAVE had playmates, I have had companions,
In my days of childhood, in my joyful school-days--
All, all are gone, the old familiar faces. read more »
7.I Stood Musing in a Black World
I stood musing in a black world,
Not knowing where to direct my feet.
And I saw the quick stream of men
Pouring ceaselessly, read more »
8.The Rainy Day
<i>Written at the old home in Portland</i>
The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains,and the wind is never weary; read more »
9.Written in Northampton County Asylum
I am! yet what I am who cares, or knows?
My friends forsake me like a memory lost.
I am the self-consumer of my woes;
They rise and vanish, an oblivious host, read more »
I wandered through each chartered street,
Near where the chartered Thames does flow,
A mark in every face I meet, read more »
11.A Poison Tree
I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe: read more »
12.Summer And Winter
It was a bright and cheerful afternoon,
Towards the end of the sunny month of June,
When the north wind congregates in crowds read more »
New Dark Poems
- A Poetry Series, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark, more dark, gajanan mishra
- One's dark heart, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Question Not, Cinzia Wills
- Symmetries, Paul Hartal
- In a Dark Dark Room on Halloween, Eve White
- Hunger - never, gajanan mishra
- Mask, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Dark Hare, sheena blackhall
- The myths of dark daughters (Poetry of t.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- His Words, Raven Ozera
- Many Dark Rains, Flame Song
- Dark Daughter (Dark You, Dark The World,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LONG, LONG NIGHT, David Burton Richardson
- in the dark (today is the universe), Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Dark poem, Flavia Karina Ernst
- Dark Is Dark, Let It Be, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Dark Night, Martin Kloess
- Dark Is Dark, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unravelling of The Myths, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Dark Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Dark Daughter, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Lovely darkness, Abdul Wahab
- The Dark Legend, ONOJA ANTHONY
- Dark and, gajanan mishra
- Enjoy the dark, gajanan mishra
- Dark and Blue, gajanan mishra
- Darkness! !, Tyreesha Smith
- I sit alone..., DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- The Guy In The Dark, DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- It's In The Water!, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- SHHHH, Can't Hear The Dougie's, Try Aga.., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Pissheads, Petra Creffield
- In my Darkest Hour!, sharon kubeck
- A Light In The Dark, Cody O'Hara
- Quack, gajanan mishra
- Darker Days, Danny The Dreamer Boyd
- A Dark illusion, yolanda salas
- Switch, Heatherlee Eldridge
- Dark Place, Patti Wilburn Haney
- In The Dark, linda dadzie
- Dark and Light, Jeff Manion
- Dark., Maia AlmediaAmir
- In The Dark..., Wishful Thinker
- cold dark.., DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- in the dark..., DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- In The Dark, Chasistity Mooore
- dark suffering, Grace DeVon miller
- darkness, Grace DeVon miller
- Death of Dusk, Mark R Slaughter
- It's Dark, kesi miwa
- Dark in the midst?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- DARK HEART, Aldo Kraas
- Its Dark, bryer rose
- Is dark, amin ali
- The Dark, emmanuel perez
- Krishnakali, Rabindranath Tagore
- My glare Love, Annas Malik
- In the Dark I Stand Alone, Racheal Lequeth
- cold dark room, Austin Beyer
- Dark Dark Girl, kyle potter
- You, the Dark, Mark R Slaughter
- The dark side, libbi kenner
- victory in the wonderland, Nyein Way
- Dark Rose, fade ward
- Dark Night, ary bolanos
- the dark rose, RIC S. BASTASA
- still dark like the one last night, RIC S. BASTASA
- BOO TO YOU(a tanka), Dónall Dempsey
- the light and dark have waned, pugegee phoenix
- 369.still dark like the one last night, RIC S. BASTASA
- 40, RIC S. BASTASA
- moonless night, Desiree Burdick
- Alone, Kanishk Gupta
- carpe diem