There was nothing but a deafening silence
creeping through the walls of the room.
She rested her head on his arm,
feeling the accelerated heart beat
racing through short breaths.
In synch, they inhaled the satisfying pleasure they'd shared
and released the passionate heat
that had been trapped hours after the first glance.
He had welcomed her to a new world
where she could dream of adventures
never imagined by man.
Every kiss, a step towards a distorted reality
because when their lips met,
they introduced an essence of peace in the air.
Each kiss sweeter than the one before,
leading to an embrace in his arms
so securing that she couldn't imagine anything better than to be there.
The closed room became a paradise waiting to be explored.
And that's where the story begins,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Room by Alejandra Berber )
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)