Terrorist In Disguise
Where it began, no one knows,
Perhaps with discontent,
Spreading as the wind blows,
Anger, hatred and resent,
Bringing harm upon the innocent,
Every new day, children die,
Motives for acknowledgment,
Mourning mothers endless cry.
Not just in the Middle East,
The weather takes its toll,
Hurricanes and tornadoes feast,
Nature’s fury, out of control.
In the darkness, venomous snake,
Sharks that roam beneath,
Any danger, that could partake,
Hidden sharply in its sheath.
Why we live our lives in fear?
Nervously for the strike,
Cancer cells to adhere?
Are we all not just alike?
No one escapes this place alive,
Time ticks away the days,
Must be a better way to survive,
Trapped inside this maze.
Is it not, an act of self terror?
Torture ourselves with pain,
A poison within the bearer,
Slowly injecting, until slain.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Terrorist In Disguise by G.R. Gaus )
Did you read them?
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
- The StrongMan's Lethal, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns