Terrorist In Disguise
Where it began, no one knows,
Perhaps with discontent,
Spreading as the wind blows,
Anger, hatred and resent,
Bringing harm upon the innocent,
Every new day, children die,
Motives for acknowledgment,
Mourning mothers endless cry.
Not just in the Middle East,
The weather takes its toll,
Hurricanes and tornadoes feast,
Nature’s fury, out of control.
In the darkness, venomous snake,
Sharks that roam beneath,
Any danger, that could partake,
Hidden sharply in its sheath.
Why we live our lives in fear?
Nervously for the strike,
Cancer cells to adhere?
Are we all not just alike?
No one escapes this place alive,
Time ticks away the days,
Must be a better way to survive,
Trapped inside this maze.
Is it not, an act of self terror?
Torture ourselves with pain,
A poison within the bearer,
Slowly injecting, until slain.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Terrorist In Disguise by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Axiom of the outside, Virgil Suárez
- Poem in Memory of Russell D. Franklyn of.., Virgil Suárez
- I know, I know, I know, Pijush Biswas
- A Painter's Glee, Virgil Suárez
- Windows, Phil Soar
- La serpiente que divide el mundo, Train .., Virgil Suárez
- The Myth of the Fabulous Sinkhole Island, Virgil Suárez
- In The House of White Light, Virgil Suárez
- AND IT WAS WRITTEN, Stephen Karnaghan
- Legacy, Babatunde Aremu