Terrorist In Disguise
Where it began, no one knows,
Perhaps with discontent,
Spreading as the wind blows,
Anger, hatred and resent,
Bringing harm upon the innocent,
Every new day, children die,
Motives for acknowledgment,
Mourning mothers endless cry.
Not just in the Middle East,
The weather takes its toll,
Hurricanes and tornadoes feast,
Nature’s fury, out of control.
In the darkness, venomous snake,
Sharks that roam beneath,
Any danger, that could partake,
Hidden sharply in its sheath.
Why we live our lives in fear?
Nervously for the strike,
Cancer cells to adhere?
Are we all not just alike?
No one escapes this place alive,
Time ticks away the days,
Must be a better way to survive,
Trapped inside this maze.
Is it not, an act of self terror?
Torture ourselves with pain,
A poison within the bearer,
Slowly injecting, until slain.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Terrorist In Disguise by G.R. Gaus )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Have Fun! Why Not?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is