Tears of a Wave
In a big ocean, not far from the shore
A small wave couldn’t take it anymore
It broke out in panicky tears
Another wave enquired about the worst of its fears
'All waves are breaking on the coast line
We are so near, it is no longer fine.
What is about to happen is awful, can’t you see?
Soon, nothing will be left of us, nothing of me.'
The answer of the companion was this:
'My dear friend, you seem not to know what reality is.
We are just a part of the ocean and forever we will be
Realising this you should not worry for you or for me.'
(I had shared this story, I had read in a book, with one of my fellow poets on poemhunter and she encouraged me to put in verses. Many thanks for this and also to other poets who have given me many other encouragements.)
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tears of a Wave by Aufie Zophy )
Did you read them?
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai