His mind was filled with racing thought,
Never ending, through out the day,
Ideas in motion, carelessly sought,
Most times gone far astray.
Some people thought him crazy,
Others paid him no mind,
Although slow, but not quite lazy,
Most certainly one of a kind.
Arriving at a past destination,
Remembering, he wants to believe,
Dwelling into a strange fixation,
Lost between real and deceive.
“Have another drink, try the Rye”,
Although the day has only begun,
The job at hand has gone awry,
Days work, will again go undone.
Chasing off in another direction,
Following what crossed his mind,
Endless stories, the same collection,
Elements fit loosely, unconfined.
Tracing back to the original theme,
Sidetracked all along the way,
Something about a fencing scheme,
Many hours burned up this day.
“See ya tomorrow”, he shook his fist,
“Damn bull tore down the fence again”,
Simple reasons, he was meant to exist,
More mending will come in vain.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tangents by G.R. Gaus )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)