His mind was filled with racing thought,
Never ending, through out the day,
Ideas in motion, carelessly sought,
Most times gone far astray.
Some people thought him crazy,
Others paid him no mind,
Although slow, but not quite lazy,
Most certainly one of a kind.
Arriving at a past destination,
Remembering, he wants to believe,
Dwelling into a strange fixation,
Lost between real and deceive.
“Have another drink, try the Rye”,
Although the day has only begun,
The job at hand has gone awry,
Days work, will again go undone.
Chasing off in another direction,
Following what crossed his mind,
Endless stories, the same collection,
Elements fit loosely, unconfined.
Tracing back to the original theme,
Sidetracked all along the way,
Something about a fencing scheme,
Many hours burned up this day.
“See ya tomorrow”, he shook his fist,
“Damn bull tore down the fence again”,
Simple reasons, he was meant to exist,
More mending will come in vain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tangents by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery