Let the moment be still in the
let the indulgence of this moment
be as quiet and secret as the
opening of the wild flowers.
sleeping under the bed of grass,
along the roof of starry night,
let the sleep be full of peace.
let only the shooting stars come
from the celestal world to fall
like a rain and the fireflies
dancing among them.
let the call of love of cricket,
bog from the scrub and the marshy
pond be the only song.
let the time be the only silent
observed in the play of night of
PRADIP DASGUPTA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (STARRY NIGHT by PRADIP DASGUPTA )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)