Song, Pesnyary, The Birch's Sap - Translation (Rus.)
When snowdrops blossom
In early spring time,
When first rainstorms rattle loud in high sky,
A juice does appear on white birch's trunks,
So birches are crying - 2times
And frequently I, as if drunken,
The spring streams alone disregarding of course,
And Motherland generous
was watering mine
With juice of a birch,
With juice of a birch.
In memory deep we do keep
All the sites,
All mountains blue and the lanes
Of the village.
We're serving today so far, so far
From our land,
Motherland so dear.
And where're the mists
of our native land side,
And branches of birch,
That decline over rivers.
To this site with you we should come, should return
One day and one time
And again while leaving.
Please, open your spaces,
Our dear land, home,
Your cosy thickets do open
Present us a juice, a juice of a birch
With generous smile,
which you favoured as previously.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song, Pesnyary, The Birch's Sap - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)