Song, Pesnyary, The Birch's Sap - Translation (Rus.)
When snowdrops blossom
In early spring time,
When first rainstorms rattle loud in high sky,
A juice does appear on white birch's trunks,
So birches are crying - 2times
And frequently I, as if drunken,
The spring streams alone disregarding of course,
And Motherland generous
was watering mine
With juice of a birch,
With juice of a birch.
In memory deep we do keep
All the sites,
All mountains blue and the lanes
Of the village.
We're serving today so far, so far
From our land,
Motherland so dear.
And where're the mists
of our native land side,
And branches of birch,
That decline over rivers.
To this site with you we should come, should return
One day and one time
And again while leaving.
Please, open your spaces,
Our dear land, home,
Your cosy thickets do open
Present us a juice, a juice of a birch
With generous smile,
which you favoured as previously.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song, Pesnyary, The Birch's Sap - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi