A.Blok, Autumn dances - translation (rus.)
By Alexander Alexandrovich Blok
translated from russian
To excite me again and again -
That's your inner and secret such will.
And the Pleasure waits for words sacred -
And the golden fabric now ready,
So that my soul would laugh in the real.
And the Autumn is smiling through tears,
Up to heavens my pray is forthflying.
Behind the lace of the lean birch so near
The golden pipe started singing aloud.
I can't help stop admiring the sounds,
So transparent, as if that's your voice, dear
But you're silent with uprised hands pose,
With your hands, pointed to zenith.
And your rounded hands are in tremble,
From white shoulders the flows downfall;
Behind you they would play a round dancing -
The autumn girls in embroidered cloths.
Washed by drizzles, you'd let hair down.
The golden locks had uncurled under water,
And the ring of the round dancing was broken
In ravine, where they played so joyously.
And excited with music of water,
I can't stop singing, dancing with you.
All the fields and the ravines are also
Cannot stop burning under your foot.
Come to us, come with us - a light-winged youth,
We are destined to fly in the air...
Where from do we take our Pleasure soon?
Where from will the Silence come near?
That's the silence of dying cereals -
That's the light time in world coming day:
That's the dream, with the special signs filled,
That will pass now as yesterday.
What would mean a flying through the time, desires? -
Only splashes of girl's hands, not other -
On the earth, on the green meadow is turning
The unseparable joyous circle round.
And the sun, being untidal, won't break ever
The rest of Silence or once anger it.
Won't forget the wood grass of the temper,
It will never forget such a spring.
And the snowflakes at the ravine's slopes
Will sweep, fill up the edges completely.
There, where the water is flowing,
There, where is the dancing and willing.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, Autumn dances - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro
- Words mean nothing, Angie Sous
- Not for his sake ليس من اجله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI