Oh gentle breeze, whisper in my ear,
Your origin, I know not where,
In the dust, you suddenly appear,
Then rushing off, without a care.
Billowing clouds rise in the west,
Low rumble, echoing through me,
Beginning on, a long lonely quest,
Most beautiful, wild and free.
Forest filled with living things,
Hidden safely within its walls,
Each one hears as silence sings,
Her song, of reassurance, calls.
A spring appears beneath a stone,
From some deep darkened vein,
Secret source remains unbeknown,
Into a pool, becomes domain.
Mule Deer browse in quiet grace,
Stepping softly, glancing around,
Overlooking their visible space,
Aware of all, that makes a sound.
Silent sounds heard everywhere,
Few humans stop to listen,
Caught within the city's snare,
Never knowing what their missin.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Silent Sounds by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA