Oh gentle breeze, whisper in my ear,
Your origin, I know not where,
In the dust, you suddenly appear,
Then rushing off, without a care.
Billowing clouds rise in the west,
Low rumble, echoing through me,
Beginning on, a long lonely quest,
Most beautiful, wild and free.
Forest filled with living things,
Hidden safely within its walls,
Each one hears as silence sings,
Her song, of reassurance, calls.
A spring appears beneath a stone,
From some deep darkened vein,
Secret source remains unbeknown,
Into a pool, becomes domain.
Mule Deer browse in quiet grace,
Stepping softly, glancing around,
Overlooking their visible space,
Aware of all, that makes a sound.
Silent sounds heard everywhere,
Few humans stop to listen,
Caught within the city's snare,
Never knowing what their missin.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Silent Sounds by G.R. Gaus )
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
- My words, hasmukh amathalal
- Nice ending, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)