Palas Kumar Ray
Sense Of Humor Of Time
Time plays a game with me.
A monetary game.
My wife also knows how well
time plays this game
surprising us with it's timing
and sense of humor.
Who but time should have
the best sense of timing?
May be your question
because I haven't told you yet
the story behind.
Today it so happened
I took Rs.4500 for buying books
where I required to spend
Happily returning the balance
Rs.900 to my wife when I tried
to sit on my wheel chair
for surfing internet
I found the chair was broken.
Soon I had to rush to a mechanic
to get it repaired for the world.
They took Rs.700 for repairing the chair
and Rs.150 was spend on transportation.
My sudden emergency expenses
are always within the sum
remaining as balance in my hand.
This is a good news but
the bad news is
whenever I have some money
I'll surely have such emergencies too.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sense Of Humor Of Time by Palas Kumar Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Oh, never more!, Nero CaroZiv
- Da Monologue [From 'What The Sentinel Sa.., Joseph Archer
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Nothing so upturns creative .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- यादों का आवागमन............, sanjay kumar maurya