Seeking the Present Moment
I found myself within your space,
Accidentally, quite by chance,
Seems to be a most peaceful place,
The steps to your elusive dance.
My jealous mind won’t take part,
By confusions of the past,
Forgetting how to take to heart,
As a life has been miscast.
Planning well into the future,
Held hostage and at bay,
Tied tightly by its suture,
Unwillingly I obey.
I long to return within your space,
Nirvana rules in glory,
Loosely in your warm embrace,
Unfolding in life’s story.
Inside the body, a tug of war,
Tearing apart the soul,
Knocking on an empty door,
Freedom from control.
Close your eyes, deeply breathe,
Remember who you are,
Loosen life’s false woven sheave,
Quit seeking near and far.
I am as I sing,
Shall be what shall be,
I am in everything,
Everything is in me.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seeking the Present Moment by G.R. Gaus )
Did you read them?
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)