Seeking the Present Moment
I found myself within your space,
Accidentally, quite by chance,
Seems to be a most peaceful place,
The steps to your elusive dance.
My jealous mind won’t take part,
By confusions of the past,
Forgetting how to take to heart,
As a life has been miscast.
Planning well into the future,
Held hostage and at bay,
Tied tightly by its suture,
Unwillingly I obey.
I long to return within your space,
Nirvana rules in glory,
Loosely in your warm embrace,
Unfolding in life’s story.
Inside the body, a tug of war,
Tearing apart the soul,
Knocking on an empty door,
Freedom from control.
Close your eyes, deeply breathe,
Remember who you are,
Loosen life’s false woven sheave,
Quit seeking near and far.
I am as I sing,
Shall be what shall be,
I am in everything,
Everything is in me.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seeking the Present Moment by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta