Seasons of Love
Our love came in the gentle Spring,
So sweet and fresh and true -
When we were young and unafraid,
And all was clear and new.
It blossomed in the Summertime,
And came to fullest bloom -
We lay beneath the Cedar Tree,
Our love there to consume.
But in the chill of Autumn mist,
It then began to wane -
No longer did we feel the joy,
Nor would we e’er again.
So as the Winter gripped our hearts,
Our hands then slipped apart -
We said goodbye and turned away,
As love did then depart.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seasons of Love by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman