Seasons of Love
Our love came in the gentle Spring,
So sweet and fresh and true -
When we were young and unafraid,
And all was clear and new.
It blossomed in the Summertime,
And came to fullest bloom -
We lay beneath the Cedar Tree,
Our love there to consume.
But in the chill of Autumn mist,
It then began to wane -
No longer did we feel the joy,
Nor would we e’er again.
So as the Winter gripped our hearts,
Our hands then slipped apart -
We said goodbye and turned away,
As love did then depart.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seasons of Love by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra