G.R. Gaus Poems
- With You We walked along the crystal stream, Melting snow, ...
- Manifest Destiny Rides Again We call ourselves Americans; ...
- A Simple Metaphor Naked I came, naked I'll leave, Naked was...
- The Last Dance Ever so long we've strolled our path, Hand ...
- Humility I find it difficult, to meet this one, My search ...
- The Element Of Fire Once in time, the lightning struck, The...
- Blood Generations How far do you reach, my family tree? How...
Grew up in St. Louis, then lived on a farm in Western Missouri for 30 years. Married in 1977 we have three boys, my wife and I now live in Colorado where we are experimenting with retirement. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about G.R. Gaus
We walked along the crystal stream,
Melting snow, in swollen banks,
To be with you, a waking dream,
Every moment, I give thanks.
Wind blew high, rocked the pines,
Air down below was calm,
To be with you, sun always shines,
Soft poetry of a psalm.
You wandered off with no direction,
Laughing with the day,
To be with you, I feel protection,
Knowing you will stay.
Deeply falling, under forest’s spell,
I lingered on behind,
To be with you, a fragrant smell,
All, is well aligned.
You turned a glance, a gentle smile, ...