Scumbags Anonymous. The Tour Continues.
Keypad composed of numbers. Password entered by that of sound. When the pitch is matched-a number illuminates. This may seem simple. Oppression is that (simple) . Many escapees have tried to sing. Their price for freedom was paid in blood.
Ah, yes, yes, quite, ummmm, keep moving forward, yes the tour is still going, keep the momentum going.
Short steps scrape across tile. Sounding like bone polished with sandpaper. In each corner stands a guard. All four. Their guns glinting from the screen-shining as if it were the sun.
Ah, yes, see this? This is God! Built by man! Yes, God! We have created him! From these fingers. These things that make our cousins, the apes, jealous. That help us dominate! What good is dominance without a presentation?
The image of a satellite exposes across the screen. The Jester runs his index finger along the bottom. Rippling the image from his touch.
Yes! See! Yes? God! This screen made of human flesh. And that! That thing there! Made to make the apes jealous! Our hope for peace. Our hope for justice. Right there! That is God. That is how we dominate. Understand?
One Open Finger-
So God is the screen?
Quick slap to the forehead. Leaves fingerprints on the Jester's forehead. One of the guards giggles like a school child during recess. Amused at the ignorance and question.
Sweet, sweet, mercy. Never ask such a stupid question! God is ALWAYS!
Clenched fist follows the knees into a prayer kneel. Collides with the tile.
GOD IS ALWAYS! The image! Never the screen.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scumbags Anonymous. The Tour Continues. by A.j. Binash )
- That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)