Saying Good Bye
You left too early, my dear sister,
My heart still aches for you, after so many years,
I yearn for your presence,
And to be comforted by an older sister.
The leaves have fallen,
The air has turned cool.
My furry friends are migrating.
And Time has flown by.
That you were here,
To enjoy the world's many gifts with me;
Happiness, laughter, love,
And being surrounded by loved ones.
When the nights are cold,
And the days are gray,
I write you a little something,
Hoping that you're still there.
But it's not the same,
Sometimes, I cry myself to sleep,
Or I enthrall myself,
To imagine, what it would be like,
If you were still here,
By my side.
I now understand that you're no longer coming back.
I'll see you one day.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saying Good Bye by Cassandra Jasmine )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)