Saying Good Bye
You left too early, my dear sister,
My heart still aches for you, after so many years,
I yearn for your presence,
And to be comforted by an older sister.
The leaves have fallen,
The air has turned cool.
My furry friends are migrating.
And Time has flown by.
That you were here,
To enjoy the world's many gifts with me;
Happiness, laughter, love,
And being surrounded by loved ones.
When the nights are cold,
And the days are gray,
I write you a little something,
Hoping that you're still there.
But it's not the same,
Sometimes, I cry myself to sleep,
Or I enthrall myself,
To imagine, what it would be like,
If you were still here,
By my side.
I now understand that you're no longer coming back.
I'll see you one day.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saying Good Bye by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- Perfectly Imperfect, Marvin Brato Sr
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp