Saying Good Bye
You left too early, my dear sister,
My heart still aches for you, after so many years,
I yearn for your presence,
And to be comforted by an older sister.
The leaves have fallen,
The air has turned cool.
My furry friends are migrating.
And Time has flown by.
That you were here,
To enjoy the world's many gifts with me;
Happiness, laughter, love,
And being surrounded by loved ones.
When the nights are cold,
And the days are gray,
I write you a little something,
Hoping that you're still there.
But it's not the same,
Sometimes, I cry myself to sleep,
Or I enthrall myself,
To imagine, what it would be like,
If you were still here,
By my side.
I now understand that you're no longer coming back.
I'll see you one day.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saying Good Bye by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Remembering J.K.2, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Pure world, gajanan mishra
- Destruction, Suresh Dogra
- CLOUDS, Orlando Belo
- The Masked Man, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Night Is Young, Katherine Nordhaus
- You are seen clearly (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Remembering J.K, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Courting!, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Men In My Lives, Sari Mavi
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)