Tests, exams, quizzes, assessments!
Such a delightful, tasty little thing.
Essays, papers, problems, textbooks;
Such sweet treats are fit for a king.
Historical texts, resources, and myths;
I gobble up nonstop; full of delight.
Encyclopedias, biographies, ancient folklore,
I shall devour them, all through the night.
Research papers, essays, letters, narratives,
I compose them with vigor, embracing them an old friend.
Algebra, calculus, and math in general;
Hours and hours I'm willing to spend.
There is something I forgot, though.
And that, I'll tell you now.
Just sit tight and huddle under the light.
What I forgot is saying 'Good night'.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Semester's Delight by Cassandra Jasmine )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov