Tests, exams, quizzes, assessments!
Such a delightful, tasty little thing.
Essays, papers, problems, textbooks;
Such sweet treats are fit for a king.
Historical texts, resources, and myths;
I gobble up nonstop; full of delight.
Encyclopedias, biographies, ancient folklore,
I shall devour them, all through the night.
Research papers, essays, letters, narratives,
I compose them with vigor, embracing them an old friend.
Algebra, calculus, and math in general;
Hours and hours I'm willing to spend.
There is something I forgot, though.
And that, I'll tell you now.
Just sit tight and huddle under the light.
What I forgot is saying 'Good night'.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Semester's Delight by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Senryu Our Lives, Heather Burns
- Water, Water, Harley White
- Heart's Remembrance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- buckle up, bartender, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)