Rin Tin Tin: A Hero
~Lee believed Rin Tin Tin was immortal.
He was born in 1918 and never died.
But 'Rinty' did die; Though his descendants,
Carried on his legacy.~
Rin Tin Tin was a German shepherd,
Found in a bombed village.
Rinty was more than just a dog;
He was an idea and an ideal.
He, who was a companionable loner,
Was also a mute genius.
He was one in a million.
Rin Tin Tin was a silent actor;
But an invented character as well.
He was an honored pet,
As well as an international celebrity.
He was born a runt,
But died a hero, companion, and actor.
Maybe he did die,
But he will never be forgotten.
There will always be a Rin Tin Tin.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rin Tin Tin: A Hero by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)