Rin Tin Tin: A Hero
~Lee believed Rin Tin Tin was immortal.
He was born in 1918 and never died.
But 'Rinty' did die; Though his descendants,
Carried on his legacy.~
Rin Tin Tin was a German shepherd,
Found in a bombed village.
Rinty was more than just a dog;
He was an idea and an ideal.
He, who was a companionable loner,
Was also a mute genius.
He was one in a million.
Rin Tin Tin was a silent actor;
But an invented character as well.
He was an honored pet,
As well as an international celebrity.
He was born a runt,
But died a hero, companion, and actor.
Maybe he did die,
But he will never be forgotten.
There will always be a Rin Tin Tin.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rin Tin Tin: A Hero by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns