S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.)
Goi* you, Rus*, my native land, dear, ,
Huts* - all icons in the copes...
Hardly you could find the edges -
Eyes are sucked by azure only.
As once entered pilgrim now
I'm looking at your fields.
Near the village fences poplars,
Loud ringing, down wither.
Air is full with smell of apples
And of honey, in the churches
There's the Apple Saviour holiday,
All are dancing on the meadows.
I'll run along the path twisting
To the freedom of the greens.
And towards me, as the ear rings,
The girl's laughter will loud jingle.
If the holy host would offer:
'Leave your Rus, live in Edem! '
I would say: 'This way's the wrong way.
Give me just my native land.'
* Goi - is 'Hey' exclamation in ukranian language;
Rus - is the brief name of Russia, 's' - is said as in word 'similar'
Hut in this case is the ukranian name for house
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- The stars of respect is the smile of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)