S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.)
Goi* you, Rus*, my native land, dear, ,
Huts* - all icons in the copes...
Hardly you could find the edges -
Eyes are sucked by azure only.
As once entered pilgrim now
I'm looking at your fields.
Near the village fences poplars,
Loud ringing, down wither.
Air is full with smell of apples
And of honey, in the churches
There's the Apple Saviour holiday,
All are dancing on the meadows.
I'll run along the path twisting
To the freedom of the greens.
And towards me, as the ear rings,
The girl's laughter will loud jingle.
If the holy host would offer:
'Leave your Rus, live in Edem! '
I would say: 'This way's the wrong way.
Give me just my native land.'
* Goi - is 'Hey' exclamation in ukranian language;
Rus - is the brief name of Russia, 's' - is said as in word 'similar'
Hut in this case is the ukranian name for house
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
- - -I Forgave All My Heart I Forgave- -, Ali Sabry
- - I'm Sitting On Your Lap Warm Finally-, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You All-, Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - My Poem To My Lovely Beauty Lady After.., Ali Sabry
- - My beautiful lovely lady-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)