S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.)
Goi* you, Rus*, my native land, dear, ,
Huts* - all icons in the copes...
Hardly you could find the edges -
Eyes are sucked by azure only.
As once entered pilgrim now
I'm looking at your fields.
Near the village fences poplars,
Loud ringing, down wither.
Air is full with smell of apples
And of honey, in the churches
There's the Apple Saviour holiday,
All are dancing on the meadows.
I'll run along the path twisting
To the freedom of the greens.
And towards me, as the ear rings,
The girl's laughter will loud jingle.
If the holy host would offer:
'Leave your Rus, live in Edem! '
I would say: 'This way's the wrong way.
Give me just my native land.'
* Goi - is 'Hey' exclamation in ukranian language;
Rus - is the brief name of Russia, 's' - is said as in word 'similar'
Hut in this case is the ukranian name for house
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Goi you, Rus... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns