Ripples On Water
Ripples on water light.
They shimmer and dance at night.
Like a lady swinging her hips in delight,
Soft movements side by side.
The sun makes them sparkle,
The moon makes them twinkle.
Like a baby’s charming giggle,
Someone playing a soft fiddle.
As soft as tone from a flute,
As s gypsy playing his lute.
When the wind suddenly becomes mute,
Soft and silky as velvet absolute.
They flow as breeze with full delight,
As small waves hitting the shore all night.
As tall palm that grows straight and upright
Keep moving as universe infinite.
As birds that soar high in the sky.
It seems the ripples like to fly.
They keep stirring the water and they try.
The even leave a mark on the desert dry.
For two eternal lovers, ocean and sky,
They keep moving by and by.
They reflect the ocean and the sky,
The ripples on the water and the high sky.
As earnest messengers they strive
To bridge the gap for lovers aside.
They talk to the ocean and the sky.
To reach out, as they stay beside.
The ripples move the ocean
They make the sky cry.
As the lovers meet.
The ripples stay smiling close by.
Blossom Mist's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ripples On Water by Blossom Mist )
Did you read them?
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alan W. Jankowski
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)