Lawrence CH Hiun
Reflection of Life
Life is not about making money,
Life is not about acquiring power,
Life is not about gaining recognition or wealth.
Life is definitely not about work!
Work is only necessary to keep us living
so as to enjoy the beauty and pleasures of life.
Life is a balance of Work, Family and Personal time.
You decide how you want to balance your Life.
Define your priorities, realize what you are able to compromise but
always let some of your decisions be based on your instincts.
Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of Life,
the whole aim of human existence.
So, take it easy, do what you want to do
and appreciate nature.
Life is fragile, Life is short.
Do not take Life for granted.
Live a balanced lifestyle and enjoy Life.
Lawrence CH Hiun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A long time ago, there was an Emperor who told his horseman that if he could ride on his horse and cover as much land area as he likes, then the Emperor would give him the area of land he has covered.
Sure enough, the horseman quickly jumped onto his horse and rode as fast as possible to cover as much land area as he could. He kept on riding and riding, whipping the horse to go as fast as possible. When he was hungry or tired, he did not stop because he wanted to cover as much area as possible.
Came to a point when he had covered a substantial area and he was exhausted and was dying. Then he asked himself, 'Why did I push myself so hard to cover so much land area?
Now I am dying and I only need a very small area to bury myself.'
The above story is similar with the journey of our Life. We push very hard everyday to make more money, to gain power and recognition. We neglect our health, time with our family and to appreciate the surrounding beauty and the hobbies we love.
Comments about this poem (Reflection of Life by Lawrence CH Hiun )
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Before I Knocked, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)