Real Easy To Grow
We carefully tuck them all into their beds,
Than pinch poke and coax them,
Remove their spent heads.
We cross them then toss them,
Or force them to grow.
We lovingly boss them and drench with cold flow!
We mass them and class them,
And make them eat dirt,
And seldom do ask them, 'Does anything hurt? ',
With relish we shear them,
In sun's morning shaft, no questions or qualms,
Make them partners in graft!
We scrutinize field guides to learn what it takes,
Dig up and divide then or tie to the stakes.
We worry and ponder just what should we do,
When red rose goes under, replace it with new,
Or give up on the roses,
Cause none of them grew.
We sniff them and hold them
When their bloom is complete,
And merrily show them, put rocks on their feet!
We train and contain them and cleverly name them,
(As clever names go) ,
All 'guaranteed hardy' and ' real easy to grow'.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Real Easy To Grow by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- the news anchor told us to sit tight and.., Mandolyn ...
- The Truth, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Love without fear, gajanan mishra
- Aasiba, gajanan mishra
- Coming from, gajanan mishra
- I'd pluck the stars for flowers, Mark Heathcote
- A necessity, gajanan mishra
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal