Purpose and Meaning of Life
Like uninvited guests,
First Order questions
challenge my mindset,
mock my worldview.
I dismiss them but keep returning,
each time bolder and more daring.
Defiant, I rise to the challenge,
use science, reason and logic;
the weapons of worldly knowledge.
But no matter which route I take
I find myself in a cul-de-sac.
What will this impasse break?
Worldly knowledge, set aside;
the truth in them can't reside.
Seek, cast your net far and wide,
the truth you will catch will abide.
Then you'll adorn your life with garments of divinity,
and refresh your soul from the well of immortality.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Purpose and Meaning of Life by Isam Hussain )
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash