Purpose and Meaning of Life
Like uninvited guests,
First Order questions
challenge my mindset,
mock my worldview.
I dismiss them but keep returning,
each time bolder and more daring.
Defiant, I rise to the challenge,
use science, reason and logic;
the weapons of worldly knowledge.
But no matter which route I take
I find myself in a cul-de-sac.
What will this impasse break?
Worldly knowledge, set aside;
the truth in them can't reside.
Seek, cast your net far and wide,
the truth you will catch will abide.
Then you'll adorn your life with garments of divinity,
and refresh your soul from the well of immortality.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Purpose and Meaning of Life by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan