When my heart burns
My love rejoices
Burn it should
To keep it aflamed.
The more it blazes
The more radiant my love!
When my heart weeps
My love rejoices
Weep it should
To keep it pure.
The more it cries
The more chaste my love!
Burn it should and weep it should
Melt it should and cleanse it should
Mould it should and fold it should
To settle in the place of Prayer.
Brightened and enlightened
Washed and purged
Beaten into a thread of gold
A resplendent Rosary to hold
A thread that joined the heart to the soul
In the form of Prayer!
This poem is talking about how or in what way your heart needs to be ready to pray.It needs to keep itself ablaze in the fire of the love of God and cleanse itself with tears. Radiant and chaste to go into prayer.The thread over here refers to the rosary i.e TASBIH, the ZIKR that you do on the tasbih connects your heart to your soul.
Humera Sultana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer by Humera Sultana )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)