When my heart burns
My love rejoices
Burn it should
To keep it aflamed.
The more it blazes
The more radiant my love!
When my heart weeps
My love rejoices
Weep it should
To keep it pure.
The more it cries
The more chaste my love!
Burn it should and weep it should
Melt it should and cleanse it should
Mould it should and fold it should
To settle in the place of Prayer.
Brightened and enlightened
Washed and purged
Beaten into a thread of gold
A resplendent Rosary to hold
A thread that joined the heart to the soul
In the form of Prayer!
This poem is talking about how or in what way your heart needs to be ready to pray.It needs to keep itself ablaze in the fire of the love of God and cleanse itself with tears. Radiant and chaste to go into prayer.The thread over here refers to the rosary i.e TASBIH, the ZIKR that you do on the tasbih connects your heart to your soul.
Humera Sultana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer by Humera Sultana )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- What A Breath, Chris Ajiduah
- Corruption, Randy McClave
- Our Destiny, Darian Kalamerd
- Yogi in the moon, Madrason writer
- Make a wish, daniel george
- Child, Samantha Cox
- Garden Ship, Leslie Philibert
- Empty, Samantha Cox
- Stars Pine for Your Ambrosian Words, Harindhar Reddy
- Snow A Sonnet, Kumarmani Mahakul