Plums et al.......[Foods; Drinks; 'Yummy'; A grocery list? ]
Plum, orange, pear, pomegranate, pineapple,
coffee, tea, Coca-Cola, Fresca, and Snapple.
Rye bread, bran muffin, carrot cake, croissant.
These are some of the foods I might just want.
Pork, beef, lamb, all kinds of meat,
turkey drum sticks, roast duck, and chicken feet,
spinach, beets, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes,
lasagna, angel hair pasta, rice, and potatoes.
Mushrooms, seaweed, garlic, sour cream with chives.
All are found in the diets of some of our lives.
And don't forget cheese: Swiss and Muenster and Provolone.
And fish from stream, lake, or sea, without or with bone.
Clams, mussels, scallops, shrimp, and squid.
Most of these I have tried since I was a kid.
And don't forget hens' eggs, oils, milk, and water of course.
I've even eaten fish eggs (AND sperm!) and once the flesh of a horse.
Throw in various seeds, peanuts, and nuts from nut trees,
and sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger et al, if you please.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i usually pass on eating fermented soybeans....they just look BAD!
Comments about this poem (Plums et al.......[Foods; Drinks; 'Yummy'; A grocery list? ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)