Plums et al.......[Foods; Drinks; 'Yummy'; A grocery list? ]
Plum, orange, pear, pomegranate, pineapple,
coffee, tea, Coca-Cola, Fresca, and Snapple.
Rye bread, bran muffin, carrot cake, croissant.
These are some of the foods I might just want.
Pork, beef, lamb, all kinds of meat,
turkey drum sticks, roast duck, and chicken feet,
spinach, beets, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes,
lasagna, angel hair pasta, rice, and potatoes.
Mushrooms, seaweed, garlic, sour cream with chives.
All are found in the diets of some of our lives.
And don't forget cheese: Swiss and Muenster and Provolone.
And fish from stream, lake, or sea, without or with bone.
Clams, mussels, scallops, shrimp, and squid.
Most of these I have tried since I was a kid.
And don't forget hens' eggs, oils, milk, and water of course.
I've even eaten fish eggs (AND sperm!) and once the flesh of a horse.
Throw in various seeds, peanuts, and nuts from nut trees,
and sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger et al, if you please.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i usually pass on eating fermented soybeans....they just look BAD!
Comments about this poem (Plums et al.......[Foods; Drinks; 'Yummy'; A grocery list? ] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- A Thirst, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Unlimited Beauty, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe